twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Get A Mentor - Part Two

Carl Lindelien - Pastor Carl and wife Dee Dee have been great influences on children all over the United States. Especially training and sending out Children's Pastors. Carl was my Children's Pastor when I was first saved. As a kid I sat in children's church - absolutely marveled at the stories, songs, object lessons and puppets. Pastor Carl made Bible stories come to life. I joined his puppet team and he started to use me as his helper during services.

When he left our church, he had me spend time with him at his other church. I even interned under him when he was a Children's Pastor in Orlando, FL. I am so glad that he took me under his wing and showed me the ropes at a young age.

I have written about Carl in earlier posts - here is a snippet of information about some of Carl's accomplishments over the years:

Carl was the senior editor and head writer for the original first four quarters of Charisma's "K.I.D.S Church" Curriculum published back in the early 90's. He also helped edit the first quarter of Willie George Ministries' "Kids One The Move" Curriculum.

...And, if you were ever involved in children's ministries back in the late 80's, you may remember "The Praisin' Raisins" - a parody of the California Raisins. This too was a Carl Lindelien thing.

Carl has served churches of a few hundred to churches of several thousands and everything in between. He us currently the Pastor of a new church, Rivers Edge Church, planted in the fall of 2005 that is reaching people in fun and unique ways.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,
Thanks for the encouragement to get a mentor. I have been longing for one, but don't know how to get a mentor.

Your connection (i.e. with Dick Gruber) seems to have come pretty easy, but how do you find a mentor in Children's Ministry when it's not so easy?

I am in New Jersey and mentors in children's ministry seem hard to come by. What are some solutions?