twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Every So Often... A Thought Runs Thru My Head

I'll get back to altar times and kids later this week. For now I submit the following:

Today - this thought ran through my head:
If I never showed up again at my church - what would or wouldn't the impact be? Now please don't read into this as a future plan to bolt - I love my church, my Pastor, the staff and the kids.

You've heard the question: "If you church suddenly shut down, would anybody in the neighborhood notice?"

I guess that's what I'm asking - if I never showed up again; sure, the kids might be sad for a time, the staff may have a few fond memories, but... what would the lasting impact be? Have I made a difference that will leave an impression on this generation and the generations to come?

What about you? Have you made the impact in such a way that if today was your last Sunday, would change a kid's world? Would the impression last? You really need to ask yourself that question.

Larry Norman sang, "It's only today that counts - so, live it like it might be your last..."
Well, it's only today that counts... minister like it might be your last.

0 comments: