twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

A Mentor's Hospital Room

I just got back from visiting my friend and mentor, Carl Lindelien in the hospital tonite. Carl was my Children's Pastor when I was a kid and later a mentor in children's ministry as a high school student and college kid (I was his intern for a year when he was at a church in Florida). It's hard to see the guy laid-out on a bed with IV's stuck in him and dealing with pain - Carl went in on Christmas day for an infection in his intestine. He has been losing severe weight as a result. Please pray for this children's ministry pioneer and pastor.

More history: As mentioned in an earlier post, Carl was the senior editor and head writer for the original first four quarters of Charisma's "K.I.D.S Church" Curriculum published back in the early 90's. He also helped edit the first quarter of Willie George Ministries' "Kids One The Move" Curriculum.

...and, if you were ever invlolved in children's ministries back in the late 80's, you may remember "The Praisin' Raisins" - a parody of the California Raisins. This too was a Carl Lindelien thing.

0 comments: