twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

would you pay .50 to see the largest name tag ball?

Well, would you? I think I would. I have a name tag ball that's pretty big - it's actually as big as my head (no jokes please!).

How did this thing get started? A few years ago I actually saw a friend of mine at a neighboring church with a giant name tag ball. He told me that the most popular thing with his kids is getting to add their name tag to the ball as they leave... I took the idea and ran with it. At the particular church that
I was at, we got a name tag ball going that got as big as a basketball before we left.

The one you see me holding is about as big as my head and growing. (we've been adding to the ball since June - and yes, it's 100% name tags!)

This has been a great way to enforce our rule "Wear a name tag". We tell the kids that if they pull it off and stick it on constantly during the service of class, not only are the
y not obeying the rule - but, it will not be sticky enough to add to the name tag ball.

Do you use labels as name tags (printed or handwritten)? give it a try!

4 comments:

Karl Bastian said...

AWESOME IDEA! I twittered it too. Only, I'm confused on the title of your post, what does the .50 cents have to do with it? I don't get the "would you pay .50 to see it?" come in? You charge the kids to see it? Are you selling views of it as a fund raiser? ;o) Or was that just a catchy blog post title?

Jamie Doyle said...

Karl,
it was just a catchy blog post title.

Thanks for the twitter mention!
...there was a little action over at the kidology blogwatch as well with some comments happening.

Benjamin said...

how do you start it? so that it becomes a ball...or did you start it with a few nametags and like a ball?

Jamie Doyle said...

Benjamin,
that's exactly what it is... I started with one name tag and crumpled it. added another and another... until - tada!