twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Maybe I'll Change My Name

For years - since I can remember, I have asked people to just call me "Jamie". When in school I hated my first name, "Jamieson". I thought it was weird and I had never met anyone else with the same name. But, I had met a few "Jamie's" in my days as an elementary kid. On the first day of school, when the teachers would do roll call for the first time, "Jamieson Doyle?" I started about the 4th grade to just answer, "Just call me Jamie..."


As I got older I still introduced myself as "Jamie". Even on staff at churches, I have always been, "Pastor Jamie" Later I was surprised that many had no idea that my full name was "Jamieson". "No it's not!" some would reply. And I would have to quick-draw my driver's license to prove it.


My wife told me that when we get into a new church, that I should be original and get a fresh, new start. "Be, Pastor Jamieson," she's suggested. WOW, a name change! It would be kind of weird since, only a handful of people in my whole life have called or referred to me as "Jamieson" on a consistent basis. Is "Jamieson" more original than "Jamie" and would kids remember it? Is it a wast of breath and time to add another syllable?


Maybe I should post a poll at Kidology.org :) What do you think - "Jamie" or "Jamieson"?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither.

I'd go with Jay.

Short, sweet, and everyone wants to hear it.

Mr D