twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Super Fans - Da Yoot Paaaastor

Any Bears Fans out there? As many of you have heard, my wife and I are in the process of finding a new church in which to take a children's pastor position. I have been asking all of the tough questions (Get Jim Wideman's Questions for Sr. Pastors if you're in the process of looking). Can I just say, without being disrespectful, It's funny to hear pastors try and make up answers over the phone. In an effort to create a seamless transition from one ministry to another I have inquired quite a lot about the youth ministries - and whether or not I could interview the youth or student ministries pastor.

Answers are mixed - some offer it up right away others are apprehensive. Why? Why do these pastors get uptight about me talking with their youth pastors? Is it because they are scared I will find out something about them, (the pastor) that they don't want me to know until after I am hired? OK - so, that's really a side-note, tangent kinda thing.

I am a strong believer in the idea that you should be a "Super-Fan" of the Youth Pastor or Student Ministries Pastor and you need to get him/her to be your biggest fan as well. Work, plan, play and dream together as a way to glorify God in your calling... together.

So, if you know of a great church, with winning youth ministry, that needs a children's pastor, and the pastor isn't intimidated by tough questions... send 'em my way!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent your comments to the Youth Pastor/Family Ministries pastor at my church (he's my boss). We're having dinner tonight and I wanted this on the agenda.

Great Blogs of Fire!! This was awesome info.

Think of the investment that is lost when our kids do not transition to youth and are lost.

Blessings!

Mr D