twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Back in My Element

Well, It finally happened this morning at 10:00 AM. I was back in my element after an 12 month break. Kids Church! Yeah, I live for children's church. A Friend of mine invited me to come to his church and fill-in for his children's church while he filled the main service pulpit. All this week, I did some stuff that I haven't ventured into for a time, but it felt great. Preparing PowerPoint, writing the lesson, gathering the props, packing all the stuff... and then this morning - the set up , greeting the kids, kicking it off with a big start and a fun service was the end result.

I have been accepting bookings at churches for the next few weeks as a way to make an entry back into the world of children's ministry. (I will post on my website a speaking schedule page as well so you can keep up with where God has me going). As I said, I love children's church - it's my favorite way to pastor kids (after all to pastor means to shepherd - and to shepherd means to feed and care for the flock) so, I fed a group of kids the Word this morning.

It occured to me that, for the first time in 12 years, I am available to minister at other churches on Sundays! For the past 12 years, I have been on staff somewhere and just couldn't justify being away (even when my pastor said I could have several Sundays a year for outside ministry). The only times that I missed a Sunday for ministry was in the event of a mission's trip. Yep, this is a shameless plug. If you're interested in having me at your church for a Sunday, e-mail me and let me know.

In the midst of all of the above, we are also in the process of looking for a great church in which to fill the children's pastor's position - We haven't found it yet, but actively and aggressively looking (yeah, my resume - take a look) - I am, so pumped about that!

0 comments: